Lead – IT Infrastructure
Job role: Lead – IT Infrastructure
Job location: Chennai
Job location: Chennai
- Candidate as IT Infra Lead will actively participate in Infra Planning, Vendor Management, and Infra commissioning
- Must have strong leadership skills as work entails managing technical staff, assigning and organizing tasks.
- Design / implement / manage infrastructure at the data centre and corporate offices
- Creative skills are required to come up with new technology solutions to address any problems that arise, or to improve the efficiency of the organization's IT infrastructure
- Direct involvement in incidents or problems (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overall system and infrastructure availability and develop a resilient infrastructure to reduce failures.
- Manages the deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of servers, Storage hardware, software, operating systems.
- Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, generally involving larger and more important projects or multiple projects
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
Project management experience is a must.
- Ability to be Hands-on when needed.
- Identify and implement process improvements for efficiency and greater stability
- Plan and coordinate installation of remote hardware and software across the Datacenter network.
Directs, establishes, plans and implements the policies and procedures to support the organization's technical support services
- Ensure that all standards, policies, processes and procedures are maintained and adhered to.
Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Manages a team of support personnel who Monitor's and troubleshoot IT issues
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware and software and an in-depth understanding of Microsoft operating systems, Linux, VMware, Multi-Tier storage platforms, Cisco, application servers. Experience of Cloud based technologies is preferred as is experience operating in a high pressure global professional services environment.
- In depth knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts. Good understanding of VMWare 6 / Hyper V
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers
- Extensive experience in managing teams and with responsibility for completing complex deployment projects on specific timelines.
- Experience in Citrix, VM and Hyper V support and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working in Business applications ( in house & External)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Industry recognized certification (GIAC, CEH, LPT, ComTA+) would be a plus.
- 12+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure core service delivery
- 5+ years of appropriate experience supporting IT infrastructure, Vendor Management and IT Help desk